Re: importing db as text files - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Murthy Kambhampaty
Subject Re: importing db as text files
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday, August 13, 2003 17:59, Gregory S. Williamson
[mailto:gsw@globexplorer.com] wrote:

>I tend to use perl to preprocess dumps (in our case from
>Informix). It tends to work much faster than shell scripts
>(although your mileage may vary). I have to fix missing
>numeric values (if the column allows nulls why can't the copy
>command accept an empty field, I wonder?)

Have you tried "copy <tbl> from stdin with null as '';" or am I missing
something?

See
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/techdocs/usingcopy.php
or the postgresql documentation for more info.

Cheers,
    Murthy