Re: tsearch2 in 7.4beta1 compile problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: tsearch2 in 7.4beta1 compile problem
Date
Re: tsearch2 in 7.4beta1 compile problem  (Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru>)
Re: tsearch2 in 7.4beta1 compile problem  (Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru>)
List pgsql-general
Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
> On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Jeff Davis wrote:
>> I cd to the tsearch2 directory and typed "make", however I get an error that
>> yy_current_buffer is an undeclared identifier in wordparser/parser.c (which
>> is apparently autogenerated with flex from parser.l).

> This is a FAQ. Don't use flex 2.5.31
> Downgrade to stable 2.5.4.

Still, it would be better if it worked than not.  (All the core code
does seem to work with flex 2.5.31 now; only contrib is behind.)

AFAICT tsearch2's incompatibility is in the redefined YY_INPUT macro,
which seems of no value for Postgres anyway.  Can't we take that out?

            regards, tom lane