Re: Graphical Mapping a Database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andre Truter
Subject Re: Graphical Mapping a Database
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 21:49, Tim Edwards wrote:
> I have been request to create a relational database map that can be place on
> the wall in my office. Generally I done these in the past by just manually
> typing the information into Access and then printing a map from there.
> However the database they want mapped has a couple dozen tables in it and I
> don't relish the idea of entering all that by hand. Nor do I relish the idea
> of sitting down and writing one a program to automaticly do it if there one
> aviaiable.
>
> Does anyone have a utility to map out database structures and put it in a
> printable format ? PDF, GIF, JPG, etc.

I have used DataArchitect to do that.  It can reverse-engineer the
database and draw a physical model of the database.

http://www.thekompany.com

HTH
--

Andre Truter    Software Engineer   Registered Linux user #185282
ICQ #40935899   AIM: trusoftzaf     http://www.trusoft.za.net