Re: pg_dump Crashes and core dumps - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_dump Crashes and core dumps
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Shibashish <shiba@it.iitb.ac.in> writes:
> When i do a "pg_dump test" it works fine.
> But When i do a "pg_dump working" I get "Segmentation fault (core dumped)"
> If anybody wants, i can send the core file. Any help will be highly
> appreciated.

The core file will be useless away from your own system.

Could we see a stack backtrace from it, instead?  (Please compile with
debug symbols if you didn't already.)  Also, please run pg_dump with
query logging enabled (see log_statement in postgresql.conf) so that you
can show us the last few queries it issues before crashing.

            regards, tom lane