Re: BUG #1883: Renaming a schema leaves inconsistent sequence - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #1883: Renaming a schema leaves inconsistent sequence
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 10:29:21PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> (wanders off, wondering if a "regclass" literal value would help ...)

> Wouldn't it be easy to create a nextval(oid) function, and have SERIAL
> emit that instead?

Well, for one thing, "nextval(583726163)" isn't likely to dump and
restore nicely.  Making the literal be type regclass rather than bare
OID will probably help that, but I'm not sure it's a 100% solution.
If I recall the previous discussions correctly there were still some
gotchas :-(

            regards, tom lane