Re: BUG #1883: Renaming a schema leaves inconsistent sequence - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #1883: Renaming a schema leaves inconsistent sequence
Date
List pgsql-bugs
I wrote:
> If I recall the previous discussions correctly there were still some
> gotchas :-(

One point that comes to mind after more thought is that you'd really
like "create table ... default nextval('foo') ..." to understand that
there is a dependency from the column's default expression to sequence
foo.  Currently we hack this to sort-of-work for SERIAL columns, but
I'd like to have a cleaner mechanism.

Is it sane for a literal like 'foo'::regclass to, in itself, create a
dependency?  Not sure.

            regards, tom lane