Re: Redhat 7.3 time manipulation bug - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Redhat 7.3 time manipulation bug
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Trond Eivind Glomsrød <teg@redhat.com> writes:
> Relying on nonstandardized/nondocumented behaviour is a program bug, not a
> glibc bug. PostgreSQL needs fixing. Since we ship both, we're looking at
> it, but glibc is not the component with a problem.

A library that can no longer cope with dates before 1970 is NOT my idea
of a component without a problem.  We will be looking at ways to get
around glibc's breakage at the application level, since we have little
alternative other than to declare Linux an unsupported platform;
but it's still glibc (and the ISO spec:-() that are broken.