Re: [HACKERS] uninterruptible state in 10beta4 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] uninterruptible state in 10beta4
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> In 10beta4 and 11dev, If I run the below it enters an uninterruptible
> state.  After the insert starts, I give 15 or seconds or so until the
> memory usage starts to grow due to enqueued triggers checks. Then I can't
> interrupt it with either ctrl-C in psql or kill -15 <pid> from another
> terminal.

Hm, I suspect the culprit is that the fast path out of ExecScan()
fails to include a CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS.  It might be best to take
the CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS at line 160 and put it into ExecScanFetch
instead (but if so, that function's comment could use adjustment).
Andres?