Undesirable entries in typedefs list - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Undesirable entries in typedefs list
Date
Re: Undesirable entries in typedefs list  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
I noticed that doing pgindent with the current typedefs list available
from the buildfarm caused a lot of havoc in what had been stable code.
Looking into the reasons, it seems that:

(1) "bool" is no longer listed as a typedef name (probably because
stdbool.h makes it a macro instead);

(2) "abs", "boolean", "iterator", "other", "pointer", "reference",
"string", and "type" all now are listed as typedef names.

It's probably okay to treat "boolean" as a typedef, but all those others
are complete disasters.  Anyone know where they're coming from?

As for "bool", we could probably deal with that most reliably by
having pgindent add it as a special case.  Maybe we could get it
back in there by having some trailing-edge buildfarm member
contribute typedefs, but that seems like a solution with a rather
limited half-life.