Re: Changed SRF in targetlist handling - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Changed SRF in targetlist handling
Date
Re: Changed SRF in targetlist handling  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Re: [HACKERS] Changed SRF in targetlist handling  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
>> Tom, do you think this is roughly going in the right direction?

I've not had time to look at this patch, I'm afraid.  If you still
want me to, I can make time in a day or so.

> I'm working on these. Atm ExecMakeTableFunctionResult() resides in
> execQual.c - I'm inlining it into nodeFunctionscan.c now, because
> there's no other callers, and having it separate seems to bring no
> benefit.

> Please speak soon up if you disagree.

I think ExecMakeTableFunctionResult was placed in execQual.c because
it seemed to belong there alongside the support for SRFs in tlists.
If that's going away then there's no good reason not to move the logic
to where it's used.