Re: [HACKERS] Indixing problems... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Indixing problems...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Thomas G. Lockhart" <lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu> writes:
> Sadly, that is still true also. As I mentioned earlier, the actual
> segfault happens when memory is free'd toward the end of a query. But of
> course there is some problem earlier when the memory was allocated...

Has anyone tried building the backend with a debugging malloc library?

dbmalloc, or Electric Fence, or Purify would probably help smoke out
any remaining coding errors of this kind (using already-freed space,
writing past the end of a malloc'd block, etc).

Purify is a commercial product, but the other two are freeware and
shouldn't be hard to find on the net.