Re: [HACKERS] Indixing problems... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Indixing problems...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Has anyone tried building the backend with a debugging malloc library?

This has been done in the past by a couple of people who had access to
Purify. I recall that it helped find several problems, but also
generated quite a few spurious messages because of the way we
allocate/deallocate blocks of memory during queries.

Our current best debugging technique is for a bunch of us to get all in
a froth about a problem until Vadim gets fed up with our flailing around
and fixes it himself ;-)

Thanks again Vadim!

                     - Tom