Re: Skip temporary table schema name from explain-verbose output. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Skip temporary table schema name from explain-verbose output.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> writes:
>> On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 7:08 PM Bharath Rupireddy
>> <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail
>> Make sense, we would lose the ability to differentiate temporary
>> tables from the auto_explain logs.

> There's no useful differentiation that can be done with the temp
> schema name.

Agreed.

> I would say it makes sense to remove them -- except perhaps it makes
> it harder to parse explain output.

I don't think we should remove them.  However, it could make sense to
print the "pg_temp" alias instead of the real schema name when we
are talking about myTempNamespace.  Basically try to make that alias
a bit less leaky.