Re: pg_hba.conf.sample wording improvement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_hba.conf.sample wording improvement
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Looking at it now, I wonder how well do the "hostno" options work.  If I
> say "hostnogssenc", is an SSL-encrypted socket good?  If I say
> "hostnossl", is a GSS-encrypted socket good?  If so, how does that make
> sense?

Kind of off-topic for this thread, but I wonder if we should introduce
"hostenc" and "hostnoenc" to mean "encrypted (or not), and I don't care
by which method".  The addition of GSS has made it painful to express
those concepts.