Re: reindexdb -t schema.table name - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: reindexdb -t schema.table name
Date
List pgsql-admin
Andy Shellam <andy-lists@networkmail.eu> writes:
> After passing the "-e" argument it appears reindexdb is running the
> following SQL: REINDEX TABLE "system.supplier";
> According to the documentation for 8.3.7 (the version I'm running) this
> syntax should work:

No.  What would work is REINDEX TABLE "system"."supplier";

reindexdb isn't designed to support schema-qualified names.  You'd
need another switch to pass the schema name.

A possible workaround if you really need the schema qualification is

PGOPTIONS="--search_path=system" reindexdb ... -t supplier

            regards, tom lane