Re: reindexdb -t schema.table name - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Plugge, Joe R.
Subject Re: reindexdb -t schema.table name
Date
List pgsql-admin
I woinder if you have to modify the search path:

SHOW search_path;
  search_path
----------------
 "$user",public
(1 row)

Issue the statement

ALTER USER myuser SET search_path TO public,system;

Then run your reindex command and then alter it back, or leave it ...

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Andy Shellam
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 2:18 PM
To: dx k9
Cc: posgres support
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] reindexdb -t schema.table name

Hi,

I've also replicated DjK's issue using a table called "supplier" in my
"system" schema.

# andyshel bin (networkmail): ./reindexdb -h localhost -d mydb -t
"system.supplier"
reindexdb: reindexing of table "system.supplier" in database "mydb "
failed: ERROR:  relation "system.supplier" does not exist
reindexdb: reindexing of database "mydb " failed: ERROR:  relation
"system.supplier" does not exist

After passing the "-e" argument it appears reindexdb is running the
following SQL: REINDEX TABLE "system.supplier";

According to the documentation for 8.3.7 (the version I'm running) this
syntax should work:

Name
REINDEX- rebuild indexes
Synopsis
REINDEX { INDEX | TABLE | DATABASE | SYSTEM } name [ FORCE ]

name
... Index and table names can be schema-qualified ...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andy