Re: reindexdb -t schema.table name - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Andy Shellam
Subject Re: reindexdb -t schema.table name
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi Tom

> No.  What would work is REINDEX TABLE "system"."supplier";

Ah, thanks for pointing that out, I never clicked on the quoting of the
table name.
> reindexdb isn't designed to support schema-qualified names.  You'd
> need another switch to pass the schema name.

Could it be an option that if the table name is already qualified and
quoted, reindexdb doesn't touch it?

e.g.

# ./reindexdb -h localhost -d mydb -t "system"."supplier" -e
REINDEX TABLE "system.supplier";

would become:

# ./reindexdb -h localhost -d mydb -t "system"."supplier" -e
REINDEX TABLE "system"."supplier";

but:

# ./reindexdb -h localhost -d mydb -t system.supplier -e
REINDEX TABLE "system.supplier";

would still remain the same because it wasn't correctly quoted.

Note: this doesn't actually affect me, and there are other options as
you pointed out, I'm just asking the question :-)

Thanks,
Andy