Re: Proposal: Remove regress-python3-mangle.mk - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Yury Zhuravlev
Subject Re: Proposal: Remove regress-python3-mangle.mk
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Also, I would bet that those tools would not know anything
> about converting PL language names between 'plpythonu' and 'plpython2u'
> and 'plpython3u'; so even if we used one of them, we would still need a
> layer pretty similar to what we have.

I do not see this as a problem because we can build Postgres only with one
version of Python (2 or 3).
Or am I missing something?

>may be a bit of a kluge
For python developer it is really strange...

PS I see Postgres philosophy - do not touch what works well, even if it
looks terrible. :)
--
Yury Zhuravlev
The Russian Postgres Company