Re: Proposal: Remove regress-python3-mangle.mk - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Proposal: Remove regress-python3-mangle.mk
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Yury Zhuravlev <u.zhuravlev@postgrespro.ru> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Also, I would bet that those tools would not know anything
>> about converting PL language names between 'plpythonu' and 'plpython2u'
>> and 'plpython3u'; so even if we used one of them, we would still need a
>> layer pretty similar to what we have.

> I do not see this as a problem because we can build Postgres only with one
> version of Python (2 or 3).

What's your point?  The tests still have to load the correct version
of the PL language by name, and create functions that reference that
version by name.  Moreover, "make installcheck" should work even
against an installation with both .so's installed.