Re: psql 7.3.4 disagrees with NATURAL CROSS JOIN - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: psql 7.3.4 disagrees with NATURAL CROSS JOIN
Date
Re: psql 7.3.4 disagrees with NATURAL CROSS JOIN  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Just a note for the hackers, Jonathan (I think :) ) talked to me about
> this on the irc channel - we couldn't figure this one out.  Seems that
> pg_dump produces NATURAL CROSS JOIN in the dump of a view, but the pgsql
> grammar does not appear to allow it.

Hm.  The syntax NATURAL CROSS JOIN is specifically disallowed by SQL99
and our parser (see attached SQL99 excerpt).  If pg_dump produces that
in a view dump then that's a bug, but this test case doesn't let me see
it happen, because the parser rejects the given view definition.  Do
you happen to have the original input that created the view?
        regards, tom lane

     | <union join>

specification>
        <join type> ::=               INNER             | <outer join type> [ OUTER ]
        <outer join type> ::=               LEFT             | RIGHT             | FULL