Re: psql 7.3.4 disagrees with NATURAL CROSS JOIN - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jonathan Scott
Subject Re: psql 7.3.4 disagrees with NATURAL CROSS JOIN
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom,

I have included a pg_dump of the schema that causes this problem. If you take out the word "CROSS" from my source
files,it should load just fine. If you then pg_dump it, in there you should find "CROSS".

Jonathan Scott

On Thu, 06 May 2004 22:26:13 -0400
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au> writes:
> > Just a note for the hackers, Jonathan (I think :) ) talked to me about
> > this on the irc channel - we couldn't figure this one out.  Seems that
> > pg_dump produces NATURAL CROSS JOIN in the dump of a view, but the pgsql
> > grammar does not appear to allow it.
>
> Hm.  The syntax NATURAL CROSS JOIN is specifically disallowed by SQL99
> and our parser (see attached SQL99 excerpt).  If pg_dump produces that
> in a view dump then that's a bug, but this test case doesn't let me see
> it happen, because the parser rejects the given view definition.  Do
> you happen to have the original input that created the view?
>
>             regards, tom lane
>

>          <joined table> ::=
>                 <cross join>
>               | <qualified join>