Re: BUG #9749: ERROR: unexpected classid 3600 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #9749: ERROR: unexpected classid 3600
Date
Re: BUG #9749: ERROR: unexpected classid 3600  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
> Oops, I just noticed that the fix is very simple in HEAD and 9.3 because
> we can just add the appropriate case labels to the already existing
> generic object alter-owner case.  But in 9.2, we not only need to add
> extra cases to cover each object, but we also need to refactor
> the appropriate AlterOwner routine to work on OID input rather than name
> only.  In other words we need the equivalent of
> 0c7b9dc7d037c4465227dc2300ff48019feeba37 for each of the text search
> object types :-(

> Not sure I have the time to do all that right now.  Contributions
> welcome.

Given the lack of complaints to date, maybe fixing it in 9.3/HEAD is
sufficient.  I'd certainly rather see those branches get fixed now,
and 9.2 later, than nothing happen at all for a long time.  It's also
arguable that back-patching such a large change into 9.2 is more risk
than the problem is worth.

            regards, tom lane