Re: BUG #9749: ERROR: unexpected classid 3600 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: BUG #9749: ERROR: unexpected classid 3600
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> clime7@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > I am getting this error when trying to execute "reassign owned" command.
> >
> > cb_test=# reassign owned by clime to cb_test;
> > ERROR:  unexpected classid 3600
> > cb_test=# select '3600'::regclass;
> >   regclass
> > ------------
> >  pg_ts_dict
>
> Hmm, The code is clearly missing handling that case, as well as all text
> search objects types.  Will fix, thanks for the report!

Oops, I just noticed that the fix is very simple in HEAD and 9.3 because
we can just add the appropriate case labels to the already existing
generic object alter-owner case.  But in 9.2, we not only need to add
extra cases to cover each object, but we also need to refactor
the appropriate AlterOwner routine to work on OID input rather than name
only.  In other words we need the equivalent of
0c7b9dc7d037c4465227dc2300ff48019feeba37 for each of the text search
object types :-(

Not sure I have the time to do all that right now.  Contributions
welcome.