Re: unicode searches failing that use % and LIKE operators - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: unicode searches failing that use % and LIKE operators
Date
Re: unicode searches failing that use % and LIKE operators  (Benjamin Weaver <benjamin.weaver@classics.ox.ac.uk>)
List pgsql-general
Benjamin Weaver <benjamin.weaver@classics.ox.ac.uk> writes:
> I AM in fact running the db on Linux.  Redhat 9.  Are the encoding parameters
> wrong for Linux?

Hmm ... RH 9 is awfully old.  It's at least conceivable that you're
getting bit by some glibc bug.  However, if these are just plain LIKE
calls and not ILIKE then I don't think that theory is very viable
--- AFAICS the regular LIKE code doesn't depend on anything from the
platform.

A slightly more viable theory is that you're getting bit by a gcc bug.
Did you build the Postgres executables in-house, and if not where did
you get them from?  It might be helpful if you'd show us the output
of "pg_config".

Again, if you could put together a self-contained test case (preferably
a short psql script) it would be helpful so we could try the case on
other machines.  It's not at all clear at this point whether the bug
is Postgres' fault or something about the underlying platform.

            regards, tom lane