Re: unicode searches failing that use % and LIKE operators - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Benjamin Weaver
Subject Re: unicode searches failing that use % and LIKE operators
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom, Greg,

Please accept my considerable apologies.  The fault was my own program that
loaded metadata into the text column, metadatafulltext.  My reason (not a
sufficient excuse!) for overlooking the problem is that the Unicode is
invisible in psql windows, therefore it was not a simple matter of displaying
each row of metadatafulltext to examine its contents.  Some rows got loaded
with Latin metadata, others with Greek, whereas each and every row needed both.

You both have been very helpful.  In the future I will be careful as I can to
ensure any problems don't exist with my down read-write-create-selete software!

Thanks again for your help,

Ben

--
Benjamin Weaver
Faculty Research Associate, Imaging Papyri Projects, Herculaneum Society,