Re: BUG #16345: ts_headline does not find phrase matches correctly - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #16345: ts_headline does not find phrase matches correctly
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I am getting a compiler warning, both with and without --enable-cassert.

> wparser_def.c: In function 'prsd_headline':
> wparser_def.c:2530:2: warning: 'pose' may be used uninitialized in this
> function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
>   mark_fragment(prs, highlightall, bestb, beste);
>   ^
> wparser_def.c:2384:6: note: 'pose' was declared here
>   int   pose,

I see it too, now that I try a different compiler version.  Will fix.

> It makes no sense to me that pose could be used uninitialized on a line
> that doesn't use pose at all, so maybe it is a compiler bug or something.

It looks like the compiler is doing aggressive inlining, which might
have something to do with the crummy error report placement.  Notice
that this isn't inside 'prsd_headline' at all, so far as the source code
is concerned.