Re: BUG #17767: psql: tab-completion causes warnings when standard_conforming_strings = off - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #17767: psql: tab-completion causes warnings when standard_conforming_strings = off
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> Hmm, really?  We could just remove it for 16; people will still be able
> to use the warnings mode in 15 for several years, so if they want to
> upgrade to 16+ they will have plenty of time to update their apps.

I think removing standard_conforming_strings = off might be a
bridge too far, even yet.  Or were you speaking of removing
escape_string_warning?  I could get behind that perhaps.
Making it default to off could be an even easier sell.

            regards, tom lane