Re: HEAD \df doesn't show functions with no arguments - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: HEAD \df doesn't show functions with no arguments
Date
Re: HEAD \df doesn't show functions with no arguments
List pgsql-hackers
Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> writes:
> The problem appears to be that proargtypes[0] is now NULL instead
> of 0.  Here's a simplified version of the \df query:

>   SELECT proname
>   FROM pg_catalog.pg_proc p
>   WHERE p.proargtypes[0] <> 'pg_catalog.cstring'::pg_catalog.regtype
>     AND p.proname ~ '^foo$';

We could fix it by changing <> to IS DISTINCT FROM ... but I've never
been very happy with the idea that \df tries to suppress I/O functions
anyway.  How do you feel about removing the cstring test altogether?