Re: Bug fix for 7.4? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bug fix for 7.4?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org> writes:
> I just fixed a bug in ecpglib that caused it to misbehave for all
> internal array/vector types. They were treated like the external ones.
> So ecpg expected them to be listed as '{...}' which surely failed.
> However, this bug fix involves more code changes than I like to just
> commit into 7.4 at this point of the release. So the fixes are so far
> just committed to HEAD. On the other hand I don't like to release 7.4
> with this know bug.
> The only solution I see is someone else looking over the patch resp.
> testing it. It worked well with my test suite, but then this may not
> catch all side effects.

I looked over it, and the only part that seems odd is that you seem to
have removed the type info caching behavior in execute.c.  Is that
intended?  It looks like ECPGis_type_an_array() will now issue a query
on every call for a non-built-in type, which seems rather a large loss.
Also, if cache_head ever becomes non-null then it stops trusting its
internal knowledge as well, which seems worse.