Re: Memory usage after upgrade to 9.2.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Memory usage after upgrade to 9.2.4
Date
Re: Memory usage after upgrade to 9.2.4
List pgsql-general
Tomas Vondra <tv@fuzzy.cz> writes:
> I do have a log with the memory context info printed after the OOM
> killed the session - see it attached.

The only thing that seems rather bloated is the CacheMemoryContext,
which seems to be because the backend has cached info about several
thousand tables and indexes.  Given that you say there's 9500 relations
in their schema, it's hard to believe that 9.2.4 is suddenly doing that
where 9.2.3 didn't.  I'm wondering if they've done something else that
restricted the amount of memory available to a backend.

            regards, tom lane