Re: Memory usage after upgrade to 9.2.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: Memory usage after upgrade to 9.2.4
Date
List pgsql-general
On 21.4.2013 15:14, Tom Lane wrote:
> Tomas Vondra <tv@fuzzy.cz> writes:
>> I do have a log with the memory context info printed after the OOM
>> killed the session - see it attached.
>
> The only thing that seems rather bloated is the CacheMemoryContext,
> which seems to be because the backend has cached info about several
> thousand tables and indexes.  Given that you say there's 9500 relations
> in their schema, it's hard to believe that 9.2.4 is suddenly doing that
> where 9.2.3 didn't.  I'm wondering if they've done something else that
> restricted the amount of memory available to a backend.

My thoughts, exactly. I can't really compare the CacheMemoryContext to
the 9.1.3, as I have no data from that version. So maybe it really did
not change, but something else obviously did.

I'm not aware of any other changes, but I'll verify that.

Tomas