Re: Let's start talking features and "theme" for 9.4 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Cédric Villemain
Subject Re: Let's start talking features and "theme" for 9.4
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> "Big features", that is the ones we want to lead with in press stuff:
>
> * JSONB et. al.

we already had JSON (and operator/functions) as big features previously.

> * Logical Decoding/Changeset Extraction (need a marketing name for
> this feature, I like Logical Streaming Replication, but that's not
> complete yet)

Sure.

> * Materialized Views

This was already a big feature for 9.3

> * ALTER SYSTEM SET
> ... others?
>
> There's also a whole bunch of less prominent but interesting patches,
> including:
>
> * updatable security barrier views
> * new array manipulation and table functions
> * time-delayed standbys

this can be a big feature.

> * dynamic background workers
> * MVCC system catalogs
> * Decrease lock level for some ALTER TABLE stuff
> ... others?

* backup throttling  (can be linked with time-delayed stdby)
* GIN improvements
* WITHIN GROUP
* huge page usage

Cédric Villemain +33 (0)6 20 30 22 52