Re: pgsql: aix: No need to use mkldexport when we want to export all symbol - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: aix: No need to use mkldexport when we want to export all symbol
Date
List pgsql-committers
> So we could work around the xlc 12.1 issue with something like the attached
> patch. It passes at some of the tests, with both 32 and 64bit xlc 12.1, will
> have to wait a while to see more

Shouldn't that be more like

+  if test "$pgac_cv_prog_CC_cflags__qvisibility_hidden" != "yes"; then
+    CFLAGS_SL_MODULE='$CFLAGS_SL_MODULE -Wl,-b,expfull'
+  fi

to avoid losing whatever we found out before that?

> I think it'd be considerably better to just not support xlc < 13.1 though.

A three-line patch doesn't seem like an unreasonable thing to carry,
at least till these systems go out of support.  We've jumped through
much higher hoops in the past to support niche platforms.

            regards, tom lane