Re: [SQL] Column name's length - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [SQL] Column name's length
Date
List pgsql-sql
"Pham, Thinh" <tpham@mail.priority.net> writes:
>> You will need to do an initdb --- you are making an incompatible change
>> in the format of the database.  pg_dump with old code, initdb and reload
>> with new.

> I did all of those and still it gave me that problem.

Hmm, that probably means that Zalman hasn't found all the dependencies
on NAMEDATALEN after all :-(.  Which version are you using, exactly?

> I just want to minimize the change
> as much as possible w/o touching the frontend.

I think you missed the point I made earlier: this sort of change will
require a frontend recompile because NAMEDATALEN is visible in frontend
apps.
        regards, tom lane