Standard SQL commands - are they in 6.5? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Robert Chalmers
Subject Standard SQL commands - are they in 6.5?
Date
List pgsql-sql
The following doesn't work in 6.xxx. Will it work  in 6.5????

A standard SQL command to do this would be

ALTER TABLE tablename MODIFY existingColumnName CHAR( 24 );

Ian Macdonald

At 06:47 PM 6/1/99 +1000, you wrote:
>This message posted by: "Robert Chalmers" <robert@chalmers.com.au>
>
>Is it possible to increase a column, or field's width. I have a 12
character
>size field that I would really like to increase to 24, but can't see a way
>of doing it in the pgsql documentation...
>

>Does anyone know if it can be done?
>
>Thanks
>Robert

---  http://4qir.quantum-radio.net.au - Where Only The Dedicated Survive!
4QIR Quantum Radio. Bringing you the original sounds of AFVN, with some of
the
original DJ's - back on air - and supporting not only the original Vets, in
comprehensive AFVN Archives, but putting together segments for the fighting
men and
women of todays services all around the world. World Music, for people of
the world.