RE: [SQL] Column name's length - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Pham, Thinh
Subject RE: [SQL] Column name's length
Date
List pgsql-sql
I'm using 6.4.2. And no, i didn't miss your point about the frontend. The
frontend i'm talking about is a visual basic program running on windows, not
those programs such as psql, createdb, etc... Those are all compiled as new
since this is a new machine w/ no existing postgres installation.
Thanks, Thinh

> I just want to minimize the change
> as much as possible w/o touching the frontend.

I think you missed the point I made earlier: this sort of change will
require a frontend recompile because NAMEDATALEN is visible in frontend
apps.
        regards, tom lane