Re: The folding of unquoted names to lower case in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: The folding of unquoted names to lower case in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
> Do you have as much trouble reading those all-uppercase queries as I do?

Yeah, I hate 'em.  It's well established that lowercase text is more
readable than uppercase.  I think it's okay style to upcase a few
critical keywords like SELECT, FROM, WHERE, but beyond that give me
lowercase ...

But quite aside from questions of taste, we'd need an answer to the
backwards-compatibility problems before we could think about this.
Switching to the spec's notions about case would make autocommit look
like a nonissue :-(

            regards, tom lane