Re: BUG #15964: vacuumdb.c:187:10: error: use of undeclared identifier 'FD_SETSIZE' - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #15964: vacuumdb.c:187:10: error: use of undeclared identifier 'FD_SETSIZE'
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> On Sun, Aug 18, 2019 at 10:59:54PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> So I agree that we need a fix.

> How would you detect how many fds can be opened by a user in this
> case?

I think Andres' suggestion is probably fine: don't try to detect
it in advance.  Just open the files, and error out if we need to
put an fd index >= FD_SETSIZE into an fd_set.  It'll be a shade
less user-friendly, in that the program might run for a bit before
failing; but I doubt that such cases arise often enough to be worth
working harder.

            regards, tom lane