Re: BUG #15964: vacuumdb.c:187:10: error: use of undeclaredidentifier 'FD_SETSIZE' - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #15964: vacuumdb.c:187:10: error: use of undeclaredidentifier 'FD_SETSIZE'
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Sat, Aug 17, 2019 at 03:41:42PM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> Heh, just discovered
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20160921171819.1357.29774%40wrigleys.postgresql.org
> from the same reporter, where we went through this before :/

Ugh.

> On 2019-08-17 17:59:05 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> writes:
>>> Most of the parallel code was move into bin/scripts/scripts_parallel.c -
>>> but there's still the above error check. Seems like we ought to add a
>>> ParallelSlotsMax() or such, and use that in the error check, rather than
>>> check FD_SETSIZE directly?
>>
>> Yeah, that would likely be cleaner than just responding to this directly.
>
> I'll go and do that.

Hm.  I'd like to keep the dependency to select.h directly in
scripts_parallel.c, so the ParallelSlotsMax sounds like a good thing
to me so as FD_SETSIZE remains localized.  That would give the
attached which does not take care of pgbench, and there is an extra
proposal in another part of this thread.  Just looking at it now..

>> Indeed.  I've confirmed the bug report on a local OpenBSD 6.4 build
>> (clang 6.0.0), and with "make -k" I can see that reindexdb.c fails
>> likewise.  But this is unsurprising given that POSIX says that
>> FD_SETSIZE is declared by sys/select.h.
>
> Right.

Okay, then the current code is broken in this sense.  It was
surprising to not see the buildfarm complain about that though.
--
Michael

Attachment