Re: Help setting up warm standby replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Help setting up warm standby replication
Date
List pgsql-general
Nico Sabbi <nsabbi@officinedigitali.it> writes:
> To begin with I followed the example of the docs: in the recovery.conf
> file of the
> slave instance I  set

> restore_command = 'cp -av /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_xlog/%f  %p'

Hm, it looks like you are trying to copy xlog segments straight from the
pg_xlog directory of the master?  That's not going to work, because the
master will rename/overwrite those files as soon as it thinks it's done
with them.  You need to have an archive_command on the master that is
really truly copying the data to somewhere else, and then the
restore_command should copy from the somewhere else.

            regards, tom lane