Re: Help setting up warm standby replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nico Sabbi
Subject Re: Help setting up warm standby replication
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

>Nico Sabbi <nsabbi@officinedigitali.it> writes:
>

>>To begin with I followed the example of the docs: in the recovery.conf
>>file of the
>>slave instance I  set
>>

>>restore_command = 'cp -av /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_xlog/%f  %p'
>>

>Hm, it looks like you are trying to copy xlog segments straight from the
>pg_xlog directory of the master?  That's not going to work, because the
>master will rename/overwrite those files as soon as it thinks it's done
>with them.  You need to have an archive_command on the master that is
>really truly copying the data to somewhere else, and then the
>restore_command should copy from the somewhere else.

after having set up shared directory (one for archive_command and one
for recover_command)
I could successfully start and sync the slave dbms, but after the
initial recovery
the file recovery.conf is renamed to recovery.done and no more
updates/WAL are
asked (the slave's log reads:

LOG:  archive recovery complete
LOG:  system database ready

)

Is there any parameter that I have to pass to the second server to keep
on requesting WALs?
I still don't understand what instructs the server to continously
request the master's logs.