Re: patch for BETWEEN [ASYMMETRIC|SYMMETRIC] - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: patch for BETWEEN [ASYMMETRIC|SYMMETRIC]
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Can someone comment on where we left this?

The grammar patch is incorrect/incomplete as given (no keywords.c
entries, no additions to the TokenId list), unless you quoted only
part of it.

More generally, I hate to see us yet again doing a quick shortcut that
loses information.  BETWEEN really ought to be a 3-operand function or
special expression node type, so that it (a) can be reverse-listed
sensibly, and (b) doesn't result in multiple evaluations of its inputs.

            regards, tom lane