Re: [HACKERS] Incomplete startup packet errors - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Incomplete startup packet errors
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jobin Augustine <jobinau@gmail.com> writes:
> However, Checking whether the port is open is resulting in error log like:
> 2019-11-25 14:03:44.414 IST [14475] LOG:  invalid length of startup packet
> Yes, This is different from "Incomplete startup packet" discussed here.

> Steps to reproduce:
> $ telnet localhost 5432

Well, the agreed-to behavior change was to not log anything if the
connection is closed without any data having been sent.  If the
client *does* send something, and it doesn't look like a valid
connection request, I think we absolutely should log that.