Re: initdb in current cvs head broken? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: initdb in current cvs head broken?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Sushant Sinha <sushant354@gmail.com> writes:
> You are right. I did not do make clean last time. After make clean, make
> all, and make install it works fine.

My ironclad rule for syncing with CVS is
make distcleancvs updatereconfigure, rebuild

The cycles you save by taking shortcuts all vanish in trying to debug
the occasional problem.  Especially since that's human time, not machine
cycles (which can easily be overlapped with, say, reading mail).

Using configure --enable-depend (which is not the default) will prevent
certain categories of problems, but I don't trust it to solve them all.