Re: [pgsql-advocacy] PostgreSQL.org Design Proposal - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] PostgreSQL.org Design Proposal
Date
List pgsql-www
> Ned Lilly wrote:
>> I like it too, very much.  Only question is, how does the design scale
>> to 800x600, which should probably still be the minimum?

> I seriously doubt anyone trying to use PostgreSQL is stuck at 800x600.
> 1024x768 is probably good enough. It does fix in 1024x768 btw :)

One thing that annoys the heck out of me is webpage designers who think
I should use a full-screen window to look at their pages.  Yes, I have
a large monitor; no, you can't have it all.

If the design doesn't adapt to a smaller window reasonably gracefully,
it's broken.

In this case, about all I could see without scrolling right was the
content-free logo and picture ... so I wasn't real impressed.

            regards, tom lane