Re: how to ensure a client waits for a previous transaction to finish? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: how to ensure a client waits for a previous transaction to finish?
Date
List pgsql-general
Dan Kortschak <dan.kortschak@adelaide.edu.au> writes:
> From working through things with the torque list, it seems to be the
> case that postgresql is behaving differently because it is not attached
> to a terminal (this has caused problems for others on that list with
> sqlite and mysql).

That seems unlikely.  My best guess at this point is that for some
reason the torque scripts are failing to wait for psql to exit.
You might possibly be able to confirm or deny this by watching the
whole process tree with "strace -f" or local equivalent.

            regards, tom lane