Re: how to ensure a client waits for a previous transaction to finish? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dan Kortschak
Subject Re: how to ensure a client waits for a previous transaction to finish?
Date
Re: how to ensure a client waits for a previous transaction to finish?  (Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
I've spoken to people on the torque user mailing list and tried merlin's
suggestion below (which looked like it should work - but unfortunately
did not prevent the problem).

From working through things with the torque list, it seems to be the
case that postgresql is behaving differently because it is not attached
to a terminal (this has caused problems for others on that list with
sqlite and mysql).

Can anyone confirm/refute this? And if it is the case, is there
something that I can do about it?

thanks again.
Dan