Re: multiple databases vs multiple clusters on the same host - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Eugene Ostrovsky
Subject Re: multiple databases vs multiple clusters on the same host
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks for the answer!

About you questions:
1. Postgres 9.3
2. There are about 30-50 user connections. Actually Only 2 of databases are used intensively, others only in rare
cases.
3. Hardware is  AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 Gb RAM, 2 SATA2 HDD in software mirror raid
4. The reason to switch to multiple clusters is that my software uses roles (login users and groups) for a single
database.There are some problems with it in case of several databases because in postgres roles are shared between all
thedatabases in the same cluster.