Re: compiling postgresql 9.2.4 on fedora 17 64 bit takes very long time - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: compiling postgresql 9.2.4 on fedora 17 64 bit takes very long time
Date
List pgsql-general
c k <shreeseva.learning@gmail.com> writes:
> Yesterday we configured a new server with Fedora 17 64 bit and updated it's
> kernel to 3.8. I have to compile and install postgresql with python. So I
> executed commands

> ./configure --with-python
> make

> but make is running for last 16 hours and still not completed. It is
> showing same messages again and again like checking pthreads.h usability
> etc. I have downloaded latest source from postgresql website.

Wild guess, but: check your system clock, maybe it's set far in the
past.  There are places where the build will act strange if the source
file timestamps are newer than the system clock reading.

            regards, tom lane