Re: Open bytea files (images, docs, excel, PDF) stored in Postgresql using a Microsoft Access form - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Open bytea files (images, docs, excel, PDF) stored in Postgresql using a Microsoft Access form
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello

2013/6/7 Aitor Gil Martin <agmartin@getxo.net>:
> Ok. I got the general idea. Thanks Vincent.
> My next question is:
> How do I convert the bytea content stored in Postgresql into the real file so I can put it in a local directory? (and
theopposite process: store a file on a path to a postgresql database)
> I know this could be more an access issue but I'm quite newbie...
> Regards,

some useful links, you should to use lo_import, lo_exports functions.

http://snipplr.com/view/62576/convert-oid-to-bytea/
http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/GENERAL-Large-Object-to-Bytea-Conversion-td1870627.html

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/lo-funcs.html

Regards